Scituate Middle School Home
Today is a Distance Learning Day for the entire district due to power outages and downed trees in many parts of Scituate.
To apply to be a substitute teacher, you must have RIDE certification OR a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.
A message from the superintendent of Scituate Public Schools, thanking students, parents, and staff for their roles in responding to the power outage at the middle and high schools, and also talking about updates to distance learning options.
Hear updates from Superintendent Laurie Andries about the re-opening schools this fall, RIDE's walkthroughs, and more in this video message.
At a Glance
- 7.25:1 Student to teacher ratio
- 100% RICAS Student Participation
- 92% of teachers have 3+ year teaching experience
- 94% of students said they come prepared for class
- 90% of students say there is an adult in school they can talk to if they have a problem
- 71% of students say their teachers make them explain their answers
- 70% of students said they felt like adults at school treated them fairly
- 88% of students said that doing well in classes is important to them
- 88% of teachers said they can change from one instruction strategy to another